Ongoing lessons using hands on activities and role playing. This lesson comes from Unit 6 KSSR Year 2, Delicious Food. Here are some pics of the kids enjoying making their own menus to use in the role play:
Objective: Students will be able to act out a restaurant scenario using vocabulary words and sentence structures
Materials: plain paper, markers or colored pencils
Procedure: Review words that students know about food. Make a chart on the board.
Talk about and explain these vocabulary words: menu, table, chairs, food, drink, eat
- Go over sentence structures on pg. 45
- guided role play with teacher
- explain to the students they are going to work in groups to create a menu for their own restaurant. It should have a name, food, drinks, and prices. They can also decorate with pictures.
- split the students into groups, hand out materials, and supervise menu creation.
- role play a restaurant scene using student created menus.
listening: hearing vocab, participating in role plays
speaking: role plays
reading and writing: menu creation and use
Language Arts: Menu creation
In class assessment:
5 all students on task, menu is neat and precise, good participation in role play
4 most students on task, menu is accurate, good participation in role play
3 some students on task, menu is acceptable, ok participation in role play
2 most students not on task, menu is sloppy, poor participation in role play
1 students not on task, menu is not acceptable, no participation in role play
group name students in group menu score role play score
ex. Star Cafe student 1 4 3